Squirrels look extremely cute scurrying around your yard, but when you find them in your attic, or your walls, it’s a completely different story. Squirrels can cause major damage to your home, which is why you need to call Minnesota Wild Animal Management, your top St. Paul squirrel removal company, at the first sign that you have any type of unwanted visitor in your home, especially a squirrel. Squirrels go inside to breed and they breed twice a year. In the spring and in the fall. They also need to chew to keep their teeth sharp every day and all there is too chew on is wiring, plastic piping, insulation and your walls of course.
Signs You May Have a Squirrel Problem in Your Home
- Water spots on your ceiling – While you likely think water spots on your ceiling are due to a leak, this may not actually be the case. It could be damage due to a squirrel infestation. The longer that a squirrel lives in your attic, the more urine and feces it produces, which if left alone can cause it to leak down into your insulation and eventually your ceiling and walls.
- Damage to your home – While squirrels can cause significant damage to your home, this damage can be difficult to see, because it’s often in walls or attics. If you suspect you may have squirrels, it may be worth taking a look in your attic to see if you notice any of the following:
- Chewed electrical wires
- Teeth marks in wood
- Squirrel nests within your attic insulation
- Damage to air vents
- Wood chips scattered about throughout your attic
- Noises coming from your walls or attic – Many times you’ll hear squirrels before you actually see them. This is most often the case in the winter when squirrels are looking for a warm place to build their nests. If you notice unusual sounds coming from your attic, it could be due to a squirrel infestation.
What Should You Do If You Suspect You Have a Squirrel Problem
If you suspect you have a squirrel problem in your home, it’s best to call in a professional St. Paul squirrel removal company. A company like Minnesota Wild Animal Management will not only remove the squirrels that have made their way into your home, but we will also ensure all of the exclusion work is completed to prevent any squirrels from gaining access in the future. This way you won’t have to worry about squirrels damaging your home, and you can just continue to admire them frolicking around your home, not inside it! To schedule a time for one of our wild animal removal experts to come out to your home to give you a free estimate, feel free to give us a call today at 763-785-1414.