Do you have unwanted rodents in your yard that you just can’t get rid of? Rodents can be a true nuisance and extremely hard to get rid of. Sometimes you’ll think their gone and the next thing you know their back and it’s worse than before. Don’t be a victim of yard rodents. If you live in the Blaine, MN area and are having issues with rodents, keep reading. Minnesota Wild Animal Management can solve your current rodent problem and prevent future issues.
Types of Rodents:
- Bats: Although dormant during the day, they can be pesky little critters at night. If they get in your attic you’ll never have a good night’s sleep. Not to mention all you’ll think about is feeling invaded in your own home. Bats can ruin your attic by leaving their droppings all over. Causing stench, ruining your insulation and rotting the boards which will eventually get into your house.
- Beavers: What are beavers notorious for? Cutting down trees and making dams. Having beavers on your property can eventually leave you treeless. Not to mention the diseases these “little” guys leave behind. Forget about swimming in the river or lake on your property. You could face severe sickness for your family and pets.
- Birds: They love to build nests for their families. Although it’s cute and you love animals, this can be a nuisance. Think about your freshly washed car in the driveway. It won’t be so clean in a few hours. Not to mention birds fly all over, possibly bringing intestinal worms and other parasites back with them. Do you really want that near your home?
- Chipmunks: A lot like the mole, chipmunks burrow under the ground. The differences are that chipmunks are tiny cute little guys but they can accrue some massive damage. Do you notice your new sidewalk starting to sink? Perhaps you’ve been having electrical issues that you don’t understand why is happening. You may have a chipmunk infestation and that’s not fun. Although very small, they bring some massive damage.
- Gophers: Do you have a garden in your yard? Whether it’s beautiful expensive flowers or all the veggies you and your family like, they’ll be destroyed if you have gopher issues. Gophers also burrow through the ground. But, they eat all vegetation they can find and what most people don’t realize is gophers can ruin your septic system and your homes foundation. Two words that scream expensive fixes.
- Mice: These little guys can get in anywhere. Have you ever turned on your A/C unit and noticed a pungent smell? It’s probably the little mice nest that you can’t see. Once inside your home, these little guys can do some big damages. They can burrow through insulation, leaving your home cold or hot. Electrical can be chewed through which could cause a small fire and the next thing you know, you’re homeless. Not to mention the mess they leave behind everywhere they go. Do you notice little black chunks in your kitchen cabinets or on the floor? If so, you have a mice infestation. This needs to be taken care of immediately.
- Moles: Also burrowing little critters. You’ll end up with a yard that looks like a farmer’s field and mows like one too. Although they don’t eat vegetation, when they burrow it pulls all the roots away from the soil. Do you notice dead patches of grass throughout your once beautiful yard? If so, it’s probably from a mole.
- Rabbits: Although cute and cuddly looking, they are a giant pain in the rear. Rabbits can take out your whole garden overnight. Forget about your green peppers or cucumber that you’ve been waiting weeks for because a rabbit ate everything.
- Raccoons: Much like a bat. They sleep during the day and “play” at night. Knocking over your garbage can is probably their favorite thing to do. They can nest under your deck, in your chimneys and sometimes even in your attic. That garden we talked about? That’s probably gone too after you just got rid of those rabbits. Also, Raccoons also carry parasites that can be brought into your home from pets and your children.
- Skunks: Aside from the obvious stink that comes from skunks, they are much like raccoons. They love to get into your garbage. The worst thing about skunks, they can carry rabies. With small children or pets in the yard, that can be the scariest thought of all.
- Snakes: These little guys don’t cause damage to your yard or home, but mostly just scare the heck out of you. Do snakes creep you out and make your skin crawl just thinking about them? If you have a lot of snakes in your yard, they can eventually get into your house and now you’re really in trouble. You don’t have your phone on you and now you’re stuck standing on the kitchen counter.
- Squirrels: Mostly climbing around in trees, squirrels will become hungry and bored and find something to eat or destroy. Squirrels can chew on your home, wires, pipes, gutters. Basically anything they can get their teeth through.
- Woodchucks: Much like moles, chipmunks, and gophers, woodchucks are known for burrowing. They are much larger and stronger than the other rodents allowing for them to burrow underneath structures. Forget that new driveway or sidewalk you just had laid. Also, woodchucks are known to attack and harm your pets. Especially if you have a pet that’s curious and walks up to the woodchuck. “What kind of dog is that?!”- Yipe.
Having rodents is one of the worst thing you and your home can endure. Make sure you, your family, pets, and your home are protected from any unwanted rodents.
Getting professional animal removal is the best thing you can do for you and the rodents. If you’re an animal lover like I am, you’ll be relieved to know that we remove the animals in the most humane way possible and relocate them to their proper surroundings. Not only do we get rid of the rodents, we will prevent any of those unwanted rodents from returning to your yard so you can live without worry.
Call us today and let us help you before the damages are far too massive. 612.237.8282